MCPS Seeks Bilingual Volunteers
MCPS is expanding its world language experience programs to additional elementary schools through a cadre of community volunteers. This innovative, hybrid program consists of weekly face-to-face lessons led by a bilingual volunteer and further supported by weekly access to the target language through an interactive online platform.
The program outcome aims at providing all students with the opportunity to be exposed to a language and culture other than English throughout their elementary years.
MCPS is looking for individuals who:
- are bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish, French, or Chinese
- connect easily with young students
- have some experience teaching or working with students
- are willing to plan and deliver lessons under the supervision of the local school
- can commit to teaching the language one day a week throughout the 2019-2020 school year
Sign up to volunteer here: http://bit.ly/BilinguALLvolunteers
For more information or contact the World Languages Office at BilinguALL at BilinguALL-Education@mcpsmd.org