Special Education Advisory Committee Meetings Begin This Week
MCPS invites parents and guardians of students with special needs to the first monthly meeting of the MCPS Special Education Advisory Committee. The committee is made up of parents and guardians, MCPS staff members, and representatives of groups in Montgomery County that advocate for students with special needs.
Meetings take place from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. monthly at:
Carver Educational Services Center
850 Hungerford Drive (North entrance)
Rockville, MD 20850
Attendees can connect with other parents and guardians of students with special needs, dialogue with special education administrators, and learn about topics of interest.
Child care is available.
Meeting schedule for the 2019-2020 school year:
- September 26, 2019 (Room 134)
- October 24, 2019 (Room 134)
- November 21, 2019 (Room 134)
- December 9, 2019 (Auditorium) – Superintendent of Schools, Jack R. Smith, tentatively scheduled to attend
- January 23, 2020 (Room 134)
- February 27, 2020 (Auditorium)
- March 26, 2020 (Room 134)
- April 23, 2020 (Room 134)
- May 28, 2020 (Room 134)
For more information, visit: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/special-education/seac/